Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thai Water Festival

Sunday morning my family went to the Thai Water Festival in Keller.
Thai Temple It's a tradition to pour water on the statue monks and Buddha for good luck.
When I was done pouring water on the monks. I noticed Aaron taking his shoes off to do the same thing I was. At that moment I felt proud to have a wonderful husband who wanted to be involved with part of my culture. I LOVE him!!
Then we turn around to see Nick taking his shoes off. How sweet was that. I'm going cry. Today was a special day for our family. This was the first time that we all got together with our kids to attend the water festival. My Mom & Dad were so happy.
Because of the cold weather we didn't get to pour water or use the water guns. In a couple of weeks we plan on going to another water festival in Saginaw. Hopefully, the weather will be warmer. The kids are looking forward to using their water guns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's neat that you got to do something like that. Too bad it was cold.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

That's interesting. It's neat the Aaron and Nick participated, too.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

I meant to say that it's neat that Aaron and Nick participated.