Friday, April 13, 2007

Springtime in Texas

Spring has officially sprung in Texas. Friday we were expecting some severe thunderstorms but ended up with a little extra. The hail that hit our house and cars was just shy of golfball size. We were fortunate as a tornado hit about eight miles to our south and another funnel cloud was spotted about four miles away.
After the storm passed, Aaron went out to survey the roof and to collect hailstones.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I foresee a new roof in the near future for you guys. Those hailstones are HUGE! I'm so glad you didn't have anything worse. Chrissy called me and told me everyone in the family was fine...we didn't even know about the severe weather. We had been "out and about" and only found out about it after it was all over. I had already prayed for all of you guys earlier in the day, but I would have prayed again if I'd known what you going through. Love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am impressed! When did Aaron start playing golf? I would be more impressed if he were using CALLAWAY or TITLEIST.
What are those round frozen-icy thingies? Do they have good spin when you hit them?

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Wow, those are huge hail stones! Remember the ones in Cedarville? They were tiny compared to the monsters you picked up. And I'm so glad you waited until they stopped falling out of the sky to go out there and pick them up. Those could do a lot of damage!

Anonymous said...

You guys out there in Texas are so lucky! You only have Texas tornados, Texas golf ball sized hailstones, Texas hot muggy weather, Texas lighting storms, Texas sized bugs, bad tasting Texas drinking water (Irv wanted that one) and George Bush (Mom told me to put that one down) ..... and here we have to really worry about having someday a California earthquake... You guys are so lucky.... (you yal put some shoes on....)

Anonymous said...

California is for sissies.