Here is Nick in his Treasury shirt (Carter didn't want one). Carter is holding a post card that shows the different printed currency ($1 to $100,000).Friday, March 16, 2007
The Money Factory
Today we took the boys on a tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in north Fort Worth. It is at this facility that nearly sixty percent of all U.S. paper currency is printed. We had a neat time looking at all of the millions of dollars (stacks and stacks of it). There were a lot of armed security guards around, but they were very friendly. Sadly we couldn't take any pictures inside, but the tour was well worth the price of admission (free!!!). Next we want to take a tour of the Mint in Dallas.
Here is Nick in his Treasury shirt (Carter didn't want one). Carter is holding a post card that shows the different printed currency ($1 to $100,000).
Here is Nick in his Treasury shirt (Carter didn't want one). Carter is holding a post card that shows the different printed currency ($1 to $100,000).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I haven't been to the BEP facility at Ft. Worth. Sounds like fun.
Tell Carter that there was a time when I knew whose picture was on every denomination!: Salmon P. Chase was on the $10,000 (Sec. of the Treas. under Lincoln), Woodrow Wilson on the $100,000 (he and Jimmy Carter are the only Ph.D presidents. History and Nuclear Engineering, I think). Is Garfield on the $5000? I'm not certain.
money money money money.....
Post a Comment