Friday, June 29, 2007

Sixteen Years Ago

On Saturday, June 29, 1991 at 5:30 pm Aaron and I were married in the Rose Garden of the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. This was one of the happiest days of my life. I remember being so nervous when my father and I walked through the garden as he lead me to where Aaron was waiting. When we stood together and held hands. I felt so much love and happiness for this wonderful man I was marrying. Though Aaron was 21 and I was 20, or almost 21 as Aaron's Mom would say, we knew that we were meant to be together. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't always been roses, but the good has certainly outweighed the not so good. Sixteen years later we are blessed with three fine boys, a fine home and wonderful companionship.

Look at these two....they have no idea what they are getting into.
That's my GOOD LOOKING HUSBAND!!!
Who is that pretty girl? Oh yeah, that's me. This is Aaron's favorite picture of me in my wedding dress. All I can think now is, it was summer when we got married. It was hot. When I first saw this dress at the boutique I knew I had to have it. Dang, I looked good in that dress! Happy Anniversary Aaron. I love you!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. Love Nicholas, Carter, and Eric.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing to look back at wedding pictures and think "were we really THAT young??? Of course, I was only almost 19 when we got married...

That really is a beautiful picture of you in your wedding gown. We're so glad you're a part of our family and you have given us half of our grandchildren (so far).

Happy anniversary and may you enjoy many, MANY more years of WEddED BlIsS (that's the "up's" and "downs"...notice, there are more UP's than DOWN's). Love you both!!!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Happy anniversary! You guys did look young!

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe it's been sixteen years! You guys are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary

(Lots of hair)

Jason said...

Happy Anniversary. And thank you so much for not including a picture of me during that time. It is better to have beautiful people remembered. :P

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Do you remember what I told you both right after the ceremony??






neither do I...

Anonymous said...

I don't remember having the father-in-law "talk". Are you sure you didn't say something like "If wishes were horses then beggars would ride."?

Michael said...

I remember telling ya'll to have fun doing "it"...whatever "it" is or was.
I remember ya'll wedding day like it was just last year!
Happy Anniversary! Granted, we are a little late in telling you...

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You both look so young...wish I'd known you both back then.