Monday, October 20, 2008

Field Trip

A couple of weeks ago Carter had his first field trip in Kindergarten. I went as one of the chaperones for his class. The kids were all excited about going to the Apple Orchard. Our first stop was at the Castle Park. The kids played at the park and later we had lunch. They played some more after lunch. I can't believe the energy those kids have. Some of the Mom's were ready to go home, but the field trip isn't over yet! We still have to go to the Orchard. Carter doesn't have a problem making friends. Here are some of his buddies. Aidan, Carter, Mark, Trent and Mason.
The owner of the Apple Orchard talk to the kids about the bugs that are around the apples and bunch of other stuff. It was a little too long.
Finally, we were all split up in groups for the tour. They also have a nice herb garden. We saw many interesting things. The kids had fun. At the end everyone got a apple to eat. I forgot to take picture then. Too busy eating my apple :) I didn't get to ride on the school bus. The chaperones had to ride their own cars. I car pooled with some other Mom's. This was Carter's first time on a school bus and he was sooo excited. That's his teacher Mrs. Beasley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat field trip. What was Carter's favorite part? I used to work in an apple orchard and at an apple packing house. I used to eat a lot of apples!